I learned so much from watching Jesse Miller’s Tedtalk and listening to his presentation in class today. I learned that the google pictures to allow the cache that has street signs, cars, lamp posts or birds are decided if those pictures are right by other people answering those questions. The biggest thing that I learned today was that Snapchat keeps every photo to use for marketing. They don’t necessarily care what the picture is but they will look at everything around them and look if there are any signs or logos and will use this to make money for marketing and seeing what people are wearing or using. This scared me because there are people are just using an app that has no idea what’s going behind the app. This is how Snapchat makes its money. We also learned about the camera on our laptop, if you click on a website and allow access another background user could hack into your laptop camera. Also, we learned that if you have a Samsung tv and a Samsung phone they are communicating. The TV can tell if you are watching tv and if you are on your phone. If you are watching TV and ads are coming up and you go on your phone, they can tell what you’re looking at to give you ads that are more relevant to you. I have seen this on my phone, I will be talking about a product or some clothing and the ads for these will show up on my Instagram or Facebook. We also learned about the importance of teacher and student relationships and making sure that if teachers are posting pictures that there should be no student, student information or anything about them online. We want to keep everyone safe and make sure that they really understand social media and privacy. I learned about social media safety when I was a child just starting to use social media but never to this extent, this new information really shocked me.

Here is a clip of an iMovie that I made from my own pictures of some beaches that I have been to.